Saturday, July 20, 2013

The Next 10 km

Last night I went out for a run, I was planning on doing 6 km at 6:1 run/walk intervals, but it turned out to be closer to 8 km as I didn't know the route.  However I didn't stop there.  I still felt pretty pretty good, and had quite a bit of energy, so I decided to push myself to do 10 km.  This took quite a bit of improvisation because I had to make up the 2 km somehow, and for some reason routes by my place seemed to be a shorter distance than I remembered them being.

The last kilometer was really hard.  My feet were starting to hurt, I had no energy, I just wanted it to be over...but I wanted to make sure I hit that 10 km mark as it would be a new milestone for me!  Then finally my watch read 9.89 km, and I knew I could just head straight home and hit my goal.


The end result was:
Time - 1:15'42 (crazy huh!)
Distance - 10.20 km
Avg Pace: 7'25/km
Calories: 1646 (burned)

You can see all the information if you hit the little "Movescount" button to the right.  To be honest, I'm not too entirely sure why the decent and ascent are so high, I think it should only be something like 5 meters? But the technology is still new too me!



Now!  How do I feel about last nights run?  Well I have entered the Edmonton Marathon 10 km run next month; I need to do some core workouts...I'm pretty stiff; I feel absolutely fantastic!  I can't believe I made it that far, in such a short time (for me).  My goal for the race will be 70 minutes, so I am looking to chop 6 minutes off my time.  I don't know if it is possible, but it is worth a shot!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment